You might consider the ICOM CIDOC Conceptual Reference Model (CRM); it is a robust ontology for heritage resources informatics for use in management and tracking, preservation of, and access to human heritage collections and is becoming widely used, particularly in Europe, in the development of digital heritage collections for both in-house management purposes and public display of museum objects in web-accessable environments.
http://cidoc.ics.forth.gr/

Montgomery, Renee wrote:

I'm wondering how other museums keep donor information up-to-date between your various internal databases.  For instance we have separate databases for our collection, and membership and development records - which don't speak to each other.  Often the same donor's name will appear in both databases as an art donor as well as a cash donor or member.  Sometimes our Membership and Development office has the most up-to-date address, sometimes the Registrar's office does.  Do you have any special protocol between Registration and Membership & Development, so that you don't have to re-check an address each time you send?

Renee Montgomery

Asst. Director, Collections Management and Information

ren...@lacma.org

---
You are currently subscribed to mcn_mcn-l as: james.land...@ndsu.nodak.edu

>From the desk of James [Jim] E. Landrum III,
Archaeology Materials and Database Manager,
Archaeology Technologies Laboratory (ATL; http://atl.ndsu)
North Dakota State University (NDSU),
Digital Archive Network for Anthropology and World Heritage (DANA-WH; http://dana-wh.net)
Computer Applications and Quantitative Methods in Archaeology (CAA)
CAA2006 Conference, Fargo, North Dakota, USA. http://www.caa2006.org

---

You are currently subscribed to mcn_mcn-l as: rlancefi...@mail.wesleyan.edu