To: <mcn-l@mcn.edu>
Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2006 1:51 PM
Subject: Re: copyright and online collections images

Yes to all.

Amalyah Keshet
Head of Image Resources & Copyright Management
The Israel Museum, Jerusalem

At 22:09 20/01/2006, you wrote:
I'd be interested in hearing what other museums are doing in terms of copyright on works of art that you are presenting on your website, particularly when you are providing access to your entire collection. Are you researching copyright for every object not clearly in the public domain? Not showing any that are questionable? Putting a blanket statement on the site about orphaned artworks? Do you work through ARS or VAGA and put a general statement on your website?

If you'd prefer to remain anonymous, please reply directly to me and I'd be glad to summarize for the list.

Many thanks,
Deborah

Deborah Wythe
Brooklyn Museum
Head, Digital Collections and Services
200 Eastern Parkway
Brooklyn, NY 11238
tel: 718 501 6311
fax: 718 501 6125
email: deborahwy...@hotmail.com

---
You are currently subscribed to mcn_mcn-l as: akes...@netvision.net.il

Amalyah Keshet
Head of Image Resources & Copyright Management
The Israel Museum, Jerusalem
Tel +972-2-670-8874
Fax +972-2-670-8064

---