You might reach out to the folks at the Elumenati [1] and the Electronic
Visualization Laboratory at UIC [2], and generally search under the terms
"projection design." Those two have done lots of interesting immersive and
VR work. Still a bit science focused though...

[1] - http://www.elumenati.com/
[2] - https://www.evl.uic.edu/
bryan kennedy
director, exhibit media