If we are talking only about operating budget, Nik's figures match what
I've learned over the years. At Mia, we are at about that 5% figure.
Capital is a different story. Technology accounts for more than 30% of the
Capital budget year-over-year, and can vary widely. That figure is then
adjusted according to how much fundraising we can accomplish to offset the
hit on the museum's funds.
In other words, it's complicated!
- Douglas

--