If you don't need to, or aren't trying to, sell anything, then I suggest simply
making a custom post type (CPT) of Butterfly with the requisite fields you wish
to track. Then use "Search and Filter" as well as "Relevanssi". There are
several ways of making the CPTs in a GUI-like way, not the least of which is
either ACF for adding custom fields, as its name suggest, or using the PODs
framework for achieving the same. ACF is a bit less complicated than PODs, and
probably does everything you need.

You can then customize the all of two or three files for single page and
archive views for Butterflies, and in a day or two have yourself a rather
marvelous DB-driven search aspect of your site, all within WP, and all under
your control.

Plus, all of this is free, except for "Search and Filter Pro", but trust me, it
is beyond worth the $20 or $40 they charge. It saves hours upon hours of
billable time.

Hope that helps, and good luck!

Take care,
Sina

President, Prime Access Consulting, Inc.
Twitter: @SinaBahram
Company Website: http://www.pac.bz
Personal Website: http://www.sinabahram.com
Blog: http://blog.sinabahram.com