Hi Stan

We develop an open source plugin for WordPress built for exactly this. Once
installed you can import data from a number of museum sources: AdLib,
KeEmu, etc - but also CSV.

See more here:

http://cultureobject.co.uk

It basically takes the approach Sina suggests (CPT's) but deals with import
for you.

We are also working on a display plugin which works alongside it, and a
"story builder" plugin - all of which will be open sourced soon.

Ping me on or off list for more info, or if you need help implementing
anything. Happy to throw together a demo site for you or any other list
members if you'd like to see it in action.

Cheers!

Mike

Mike Ellis

home: http://variousbits.net