(cross-posting!)

Greetings!

We are excited to invite you to a new email forum,
muse...@si-listserv.si.edu<mailto:muse...@si-listserv.si.edu>.
This listserv will serve as a central source to exchange information on using
WordPress within cultural institutions. Our hope is to spark ideas and
discussion surrounding our creative uses of WordPress and help support one
another by crowdsourcing answers and inspiration for our projects.

Some of the goals for this forum are:
·         To provide a space to ask questions about WordPress
·         To share resources, events, programs, and tools to learn more about
WordPress
·         To be on the pulse of how museums and institutions at large are
utilizing open-source software

Here is a selection of what we have currently been reading:
·         Proof of Concept: Curious - a project of the Royal BC
Museum<http://curious.royalbcmuseum.bc.ca/> (built on WordPress)
·         WordCamp Talk: WP, OS, and Museums - A Look at the Tools and
Processes of Moving Our Collections
Online<http://wordpress.tv/2015/12/12/mel-choyce-and-courtney-ocallaghan-wordpress-open-source-and-museums-a-look-at-the-tools-and-processes-of-moving-our-collections-online/>
·         Plugin: CultureObject<http://cultureobject.co.uk/> - a plugin for
getting museum objects online
·         Article: Archiving Old WordPress Sites as Static
HTML<http://cogdogblog.com/2016/08/archiving-old-wordpress-sites-as-static-html/>

While the listserv will be hosted and managed by Smithsonian, we hope that any
cultural institution that is using or planning to utilize WordPress will
benefit from participating in this forum.

To join, please go to the listserv’s page and
subscribe<http://si-listserv.si.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=MUSE-WP> . Also, if you know
people who would be interested in this topic, please extend this invitation.

Thanks so much!
~Ryan King & Courtney OCallaghan

--
Ryan King