Dear MCN friends,

The Huntington is a unique institution - comprising a large independent
research library with 11 million collections objects, a robust scholarly
research program, a European and American art museum, and 120 acres of
botanical gardens. Known to many as a hidden jewel, The Huntington's vast,
varied, and growing collections are a celebration of the humanities in all its
facets from the 11th century to today, including (but not limited to!)
significant collections of manuscripts, rare and early printed books; materials
in the history of science, technology, and medicine, British and American
history, and the history of the American west; one of the most distinguished
collections of late 18th- and early 19th- century British art outside the
United Kingdom, some of the largest collections of bonsai and succulents in the
United States, and over 10,000 species of orchid. More
here.<https://www.huntington.org/welcome>

As we celebrate our centennial this year, we are committed at the highest
levels to scaling up our digital program significantly and are seeking two
critical staff members to help streamline our data management practices and
organize and grow our digital collections.

We are seeking an experienced, talented, and strategic Digital Asset
Manager<https://huntingtonlibrary.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/HuntingtonCareers/job/San-Marino/Digital-Asset-Manager_R0000229>
 to be responsible for the implementation, oversight and governance of a new
digital asset management system across the institution - beginning with digital
surrogates but eventually expanding to born-digital collections objects,
institutional archives, operational and communications assets, and beyond. This
is an experienced/senior role that will report to me within the Technology
division and will have significant influence across the organization and direct
impact on our future successes.

We are also seeking a Digital Project
Manager<https://huntingtonlibrary.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/HuntingtonCareers/job/San-Marino/Digital-Projects-Manager_R0000223>,
 reporting to the Digital Repository Manager within our Library division, which
provides digitization services for the entire institution. The Digital Project
Manager will work closely with both the Digital Team in the Library as well as
the Digital Asset Manager and myself in Technology to coordinate and facilitate
a diverse range of projects expeditiously through a complex digitization
workflow.

We encourage all qualified and/or interested applicants to apply. Please let me
know if you have any questions! Thank you for your time,

Heather Hart
Vice President of Information Technology
The Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens
hh...@huntington.org<mailto:hh...@huntington.org> | O: 626-405-3534 | M:
310.606.1215
1151 Oxford Road, San Marino, CA 91108
www.huntington.org<http://www.huntington.org/>