Nik (and others) —

I agree, it’s a surprising viewpoint and I’m always a bit surprised when I
encounter it but usually expect that it’s a by-product of other internal
factors.

In this instance, I wonder if it’s simply that it’s a small museum with limited
resources and with an IT staff (or person) that has limited experience outside
of a range of solutions. And, with limited resources to spend on exploring
something new vs something that’s known. That doesn’t mean it’s a good
situation but clearly a support system and possible mentorship from experienced
colleagues in the field may get that museum closer to an open-source solution.

It’s also certainly possible that they’ve been burned in the past. (If only
there was a stuffed therapy dog handy so they could point out where it hurts).
In which case, not only mentorship but ongoing resources of assistance or
guidance would help ease that path to recovery.

-bw.

Bruce Wyman  |  Principal
bwy...@usd-mach.com  |  720.208.6586

USD Design | MACH Consulting  |  www.usd-mach.com
Strategy • Design • Concept • Implementation