Tonight LIVE at 7PM ET / 4PM PT
Considering Openings (Part 2)

How do we locate ourselves in a cinematic world when the image and the
sound seem at odds with each other?

About this Event

Join us tonight at 7PM ET, April 21st, for Considering Openings (Part 2)
with Matt.
In this second of a series in which we consider the opening moments of a
film, we will view and discuss the introductory scenes of two films by
Francis Ford Coppola - Apocalypse Now (1979) and The Conversation (1974).

The openings of these two works are unique in their use of sound to guide
the viewer into the world of the film and indeed, the characters in it. We
will consider the uses of both diegetic and non-diegetic music and
environmental sounds in both of these films. What sonic cues indicate a
particular mood? How do we locate ourselves in a cinematic world when the
image and the sound seem at odds with each other? In what ways does music
change our reading of a scene or an environment within a film?

Register HERE for your FREE e-TICKET and join us LIVE every Wednesday at
7PM ET / 4PM PT <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/149927891359> (
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/149927891359)

Looking forward to seeing you later.
All my best,
Matt

About your facilitator: Matt Whitman works with moving image, photography,
installation, writing and performance. His work has appeared at Microscope
Gallery, New York; The Kitchen, New York; CROSSROADS - SF Cinematheque, San
Francisco; The Front, New Orleans; The Lab, San Francisco; Unexposed
Microcinema, Durham, NC; Anthology Film Archives, New York; La MaMa, New
York; Ethan Cohen Gallery, New York; the Brooklyn Film Festival, New York;
8 fest, Toronto, ON; among others. He has taught at Parsons School of
Design since 2014.

--

Considering.Artâ„¢
Your voice. Your idea.

The contents of this email
message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and
may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally
protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this
message or their agent, or if this message has been addressed to you in
error, please immediately alert the sender by reply email and then delete
this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of
this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.