On Thu, Oct 06, 2016 at 08:43:54AM +0100, R.I.Pienaar wrote:

> [...]

If I were setting things up from scratch in regular home directories the choria
technique would be suitable, but I'm not.

I have the usual corporate things going on:

1) The new cert location is not in "$HOME/.mcollective.d". It took a great deal
of protracted discussion with the security department to permit .mcollective
and .mcollective.d (certs and things) to persist overnight in users' home
directories. Most every other file under $HOME on the authorized mco client
hosts get removed nightly. I will be re-opening that discussion.

2) Everybody has their own (working) certs and configs from the current
production install. It was like pulling teeth the first time to get people set
up despite the detailed instructions; what is straightforward and obvious to me
is not so obvious to others. That includes running a cert management command
based on my experience here.

NB: This is of course a policy issue not an mcollective issue, I myself
wouldn't go and add this functionality based on the description of the issues.
Policies have results and working around them in a corporate environment rarely
ends well.

> --
>
> ---

---