ok, and with --nodes it must send individual messages there's no other
way

This would put significant pressure on your broker 2 broker connections,
either ActiveMQ is marking some remote brokers as 'slow' and so they
must back
off and wait before they can get messages again or some other limits are
reached.

you can perhaps try make multiple connection from your remote sites to
the
hub - even in a single ActiveMQ 2 x broker to broker connections to the
same
upstream will result in it load balancing across those TCP connections

Other than that, I am not too sure what we can try - what is the
motivation
for such huge requests with --nodes ?