Hello,

I am pleased to announce a big set of module releases that bring Choria
support to Puppet 6.
As you might be aware Puppet Inc deprecated MCollective in Puppet 6[1]
and the old MCollective files that came in AIO Puppet along with init
scripts and support directories are not there anymore.
The Choria Project created a new Gem that bring those back to Puppet 6
which along with the Choria Server delivers a compatible experience.
Today I am releasing Puppet modules that preserves the Just Works
experience even on Puppet 6
Please note that the Choria Server is still in pre-1.0.0 release level
and there are some things to be aware of outlined on it's documentation.
Additionally these modules represent a big change to the deployment and
so requires careful testing in your labs.
Things to keep in mind:

 * On Puppet AIO 6 you will now automatically be switched to Choria
   Server, mcollectived does not exist anymore
 * On Puppet AIO 6 you will now automatically get a choria-release
   repository added, controllable using *choria::manage_package_repo*
 * If you are on a mix Puppet 5 and 6 environment you need to set JSON
   encoding as per the deployment docs[2].
 * On Puppet AIO 6 you will see a new gem choria-mcorpc-support[3]
   installed into the AIO Ruby
 * Windows is not yet supported
 * Read the pre-release documentation for Choria Server[4] keeping in
   mind limitations mentioned there
That said these modules work and we have had a significant number of
users who have ran the Choria Server on their systems with great
success.  We believe the upgrade process should be smooth but welcome
any feedback and bugs.
Special thanks to Puppet Inc who donated the legacy MCollective source
code to the Choria project, this can be found in a the choria-legacy
GitHub Organisation[5] that's been set up to preserve this code.
Further special thanks to Koen Dierckx, Jason Hane and William Rigling
for their contributions to these releases
*choria/mcollective_agent_package version 5.1.0*
 * Support checking updates in the *mco package* cli tool
*choria/mcollective version 0.9.0*
 * Support Puppet 6
 * Redirect facts creation cron output to /dev/null
*choria/mcollective_choria version 0.9.0*
 * Support Puppet 6
 * Do not require SSL certificates when SSL is disabled in the client
*choria/choria version 0.12.0*
 * Support Puppet 6
 * Write the Choria Server status file by default
 * Use the correct hash2config function
--
R.I.Pienaar / www.devco.net / @ripienaar

Links: