From: Alan Bateman <>
Date: 13 March 2018 at 14:09
Subject: Please test jdk-11-ea+4
To: "nio-...@openjdk.java.net" <nio-...@openjdk.java.net>

jdk-11-ea+4 is the latest JDK 11 EA build [1]. It contains significant
changes to SocketChannel and friends to separate the blocking and
non-blocking code paths and also a re-work of asynchronous close. As
discussed here, and summarized in a release note, the changes involve two
subtle behavior changes, namely that configureBlocking may block if there
is a I/O operation in progress, and performing a non-blocking I/O with the
interrupt status set no longer closes the channel. For those invested in
this area, now would be a good time to try out the latest build to see if
you run into any issues.

-Alan

[1] http://jdk.java.net/11/