Martin, thanks a lot!

I thought about Aeron IPC, but as far as I understand it maps to the queue
model only when there is a single producer and a single consumer. Also it
felt a little too heavyweight for small fixed-sized messages. Generally
Aeron's Data frames have 32-byte headers. RingBuffers have only 16-byte
headers, and it looks like it could be harmlessly reduced down to 8 or even
0 for e. g. fixed format 32-byte messages.