Hello,

I've read about thread affinity and I see that it is popular in
high-performance-libraries (for example
https://github.com/OpenHFT/Java-Thread-Affinity). Ok, jugglery a thread
between cores has impact (generally) on performance so it is reasonable to
bind a specific thread to a specific core.

*Intro*:
It is obvious that the best idea to make it possible that any process will
be an owner of core [let's call it X] (in multi-core CPU). I mean that main
thread in a process will be one and only thread executed on core X. So,
there is no problem with context-switching and cache flushing [with expect
system calls].
I know that it requires a special implementation of scheduler in kernel, so
it requires a modification of [Linux] kernel. I know that it is not so easy
and so on.

*Question*:
But, we know that we have systems that need a high performance. So, it
could be a solution with context-switching once and at all. So, why there
is no a such solution? My suspicions are:

* it is pointless, the bottleneck is elsewhere [However, it is meaningful
to get thread-affinity]
* it is too hard and there is too risky to make it not correctly
* there is no need
* forking own linux kernel doesn't sound like a good idea.