Thanks for all the links and pointers to the various announcements.

I fixed the problem in WPCleaner, it was quite simple as I was using the
"lgtoken" value as a quick check for ensuring that the user has gone
through the login process before calling the API for any page update. The
login process was in fact working correctly, it was just an extra
verification that created the problem.

I still have to update WPCleaner due to the deprecation of action=login,
but I'm not sure yet if I should go for action=clientlogin or for
BotPassword.

Nico