Hi,

What would be the purpose of this organisation and separate community, exactly? Has there been any demonstrated need or even want for such an organisation amongst the community it would proportedly serve?

I ask in particular because as a third-party sysadmin myself, it's hard enough following all the relevant discussion and information that concerns releases as it is already. Adding another organisation on top of that, with its own lists and websites to check and follow, and another layer of community to go through to get things upstreamed, seems highly premature when we can't even consolidate the basics (release notes, date announcements, even testing) at home.

Considering we also have no guarantee that any new organisation would be more receptive to the needs and concerns of the third-party end users than the WMF is currently, and there would still be things we would need to go to the WMF directly about anyway (thus making it even harder to figure out where to go for something), I find this all very worrying.

-I