Yes, there is that. I'm happy to report that, after studying a variety
of solutions, we managed to resolve the problem by adapting that AJAX
to the problem. curl is not used in the solution.

Thanks
Jack

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 7:06 AM, Christensen, Courtney
<[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Oh, by the way, I forgot that there is some MediaWiki support for using AJAX 
> with your wiki: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Ajax
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email protected] 
> [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Jack Park
> Sent: Saturday, February 20, 2010 1:06 AM
> To: MediaWiki announcements and site admin list
> Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] Doing external AJAX from an extension
>
>
> I have instrumented the server to look at the header. This is what I
> am inferring from what appears: curl does not deal with cookies.  The
> simplest test involves booting from a browser get, observing a cookie,
> and also observing that the "referer" is the server. Absent a cookie,
> the referer is wrong. So, it appears to me that cookies are the issue;
> I find nothing useful in the PHP curl manual that suggests a way
> around this. I'm interested in alternatives to curl.  I forced the
> wiki page to behave well by embedding the URL in an iframe. That works
> well, but is not the approach necessary.  May I ask for suggestions to
> either alternatives to curl or for tricks that make curl behave nicely
> with cookies?
>
> Many thanks
> Jack
>
> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 1:42 PM, Jack Park <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Firstly, memory says I turned it on.
>> Secondly, would the extension even access the server if it wasn't? I
>> ask that because, in fact, it does access the server one time, and
>> then seems to enjoy using a cache (which doesn't seem to exist
>> anywhere that I can find). I know that because I can watch the server
>> react when I refresh the MW page; I do not see the console activity I
>> see when the system is freshly booted.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Jack
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Christensen, Courtney
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Jack Park said:
>>>> I thought this would be easy. Write an extension with a CURL get
>>>>function that fetches some HTML from a server elsewhere that would
>>>>allow me to do AJAX fetches from that server using javascript supplied
>>>>from that server.
>>>>
>>>>It's not happening. I get back status = 0 as if MediaWiki appears to
>>>>that server like a file:// or something.
>>>>
>>>>I can call the same URL the CURL uses in a plain browser bar. I get
>>>>the HTML and then am able to get JSON strings back from the server,
>>>>but not when using the same html in MW.
>>>>
>>>>Does any of that ring any bells?
>>>>
>>>>Many thanks in advance.
>>>>Jack
>>> _______________________________________________
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Hi Jack,
>>>
>>> Any chance your PHP is not configured to allow the use of CURL?
>>>
>>> -Courtney
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> MediaWiki-l mailing list
>>> [email protected]
>>> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
>>>
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> MediaWiki-l mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
>
> _______________________________________________
> MediaWiki-l mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
>

_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l

Reply via email to