I’ve installed MediaWiki, and I am trying to go through the configuration step.
I have reached the point where I am trying to go through the config/index.php
script, and I get the “Can't write config file, aborting” page coming up. This
page tells me that I need to execute the following:
cd /path/to/wiki
chmod a+w config
I have done this step (repeatedly), and it still does not work. I am running
Apache as apache.apache, and the directory is both owned by apache.apache, AND
has 777 permissions. I’ve restarted apache at least twice. What am I missing?
I have Googled for this problem, and it seems like it is a recurring problem
that others have encountered.
Thanks to anyone that can help.
Edward Swing
Principal Technology Consultant
Vision Systems & Technology, Inc.
________________________________
6021 University Boulevard, Suite 360 ▪ Ellicott City ▪ Maryland ▪ 21043
Tel: 410.418.9919 ▪ Main: 410.418.5555 ▪ Fax: 410.418.8580
Email: [email protected]
Web: http://www.vsticorp.com/ <http://www.vsticorp.com/>
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l