Hi Platonides, thank you for your response.

I put all my mediawiki files into one folder called "commonmediawiki". I
create separate folders for each website where I put the LocalSettings.php
and the image folder. These separate folders (for each website), together
with the "commonmediawiki" folder are one level below the html folder which
is given by my webhost.

How to I interepret the following comment: "If you customize your file
layout, set $IP to the directory that contains the other MediaWiki files. It
will be used as a base to locate files."

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 11:48 PM, Platonides <platoni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ekompute .info wrote:
> > Hi, I still cannot understand the procedure given in
> > http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wiki_family
> >
> > However, the LocalSettings comments at the top says:
> > # If you customize your file layout, set $IP to the directory that
> contains
> > # the other MediaWiki files. It will be used as a base to locate files.
> >
> > So I set $IP = "../commonmediawiki";
> >
> > where commonmediawiki is the folder that contains all the mediawiki
> files.
> > However, it is not working. My LocalSettings.php is contained within a
> > folder that is at the same level as the commonmediawiki folder. Using
> "../"
> > moves the directory pointer one level up before pointing to the
> > commonmediawiki folder. Did I set the $IP correctly?
>
> ../ will be relative to the current working dir, which will be by
> default the folder where the entry point lies.
> How are you mapping the different websites to the same code?

PM Poon