> From: John Sanzi <johnsa...@gmail.com>
>
> Add new fields to the MediaWiki account creation process, including
> "first name", "last name", and maybe two or three others where new
> users can type their answers to essay questions.

I agree that this would be extremely nice to have in the code base.

I went to some trouble to make such changes, then made the mistake of upgrading
MediaWiki, and it blew all my changes away. Now I use an extension table
(mw_user_private) and that way updates don't clobber my schema additions.

:::: As energy supplies shrink, failing to develop different values could lead
to a level of violence far greater than any that the country has known before,
including first use of nuclear bombs. -- Pat Murphy