Imagine that they're real as far as using absolutely the same credentials
I'm able to connect via the mysql client as I wrote below.

I also tried the following scenario where I cleaned up database completely,
move LocalSettings.php to the backup and ran the installation script with
the same outcome, however the installation script ran without any issues.

V.