Heiya,

today I wanted to import an XML file to a wiki. The import failed
because I did not add an interwiki prefix to the new and probably nifty
interwiki prefix field which I now got in MW 1.31.x for Special:Import.
The respective help page linked [0] does not mention this new interwiki
prefix field.

So what do I have to enter here?: The interwiki prefix of the wiki I
exported the XML file from or the interwiki prefix of the wiki I import
the XML file to, an arbitrary string or ... What do I have to do if the
export was made from the same wiki I want to import the file to (This
case is how I acutally stumbled into this.)?

Thanks for your time and cheers,

Karsten

[0] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Import