Hi everyone,

I'm very excited to announce the release of a new MediaWiki extension:
VEForAll. Its name stands for "VisualEditor For All", and it provides
something that some people have been asking about for a long time - a way
to incorporate the VisualEditor interface into textarea inputs other than
the one in the standard VisualEditor tab.

The VEForAll extension works by providing a JavaScript function that, when
called on a textarea input, adds the VisualEditor interface to it (if the
VisualEditor extension is already installed). So the extension itself
doesn't actually do anything - instead, it provides an API for other
extensions to use. At the moment, two extensions can already make use of
VEForAll if it's there: CommentStreams and Page Forms. (You need to use the
latest version of either extension to get it working.)

You can read more about VEForAll, and download it, here:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:VEForAll

This extension has five credited authors, although most of the credit goes
to the first two: Pierre Boutet and Clément Flipo of the consulting company
Dokit, and the site Wikifab. I feel like I should give both the company and
site a plug, in their honor:

http://www.dokit.io/en/about-us
https://wikifab.org/wiki/Accueil

Please feel free to try out the extension, and let us know on the talk page
if you run into any problems.

-Yaron