Dear Andre,

well thank you for this welcoming feedback :-/

I started this page, because I continiously meet people who have no knowledge
about SMW, Wikibase or Cargo and I have recieved positive feedback on the
attempt to write about how to manage data in MediaWiki

> From taking a quick look, I'm mostly confused by that page...
>
> * Everything is "data" so the page title feels misleading. Maybe you
>   meant something like structured data?

Yes, an in the introduction I also talk about structured data in contrast to
just text.

> * Why is it under the "Manual" namespace? It has no instructions... :)
>   It isn't linked from another Manual: page (but that's because I
>   reverted the link on "mw:Manual:What_is_MediaWiki?" as it feels too
>   specific for such a high-level overview page)

Because I like the idea of the Manual pages that are now at mediawiki.org with
the intent to guide people not very knowledgeable about mediawikis strengths
ans weaknesses and I thought this fits in well there.

> * Why does it list "Stable releases"? Many projects don't create
>   tarballs anymore but allow creating packages on the fly from stable
>   Git branches. Stating there are no stable releases is misleading and
>   could sound like a project is unstable which is not true.

Mentioning the stable releases is a hint for code maturity. Of course it does
not mean that others with lesser (or no) stable releases is unstable.

> * Why does it list "Upgrade instructions" (without references so I'm
>   not sure where to find them), and why is that a relevant criterion?

Good hint, I will try to find the references and add them.

> * Why does "Community" list irrelevant "watchers" in Github, when
>   development does not happen in Github for two out of three projects?
>   Where do these numbers come from, as I cannot see them on Github?

Good question. I wanted to find somewhat comparable numbers. Maybe you have a
better idea? I did not find any suitable number on phabricator, but I am not
very fluent with fabricator...

> * What are judgments like "easy" under "Installation" based on?
Based on the knowlege that many fail on attempting to install Wikibase
(including myself). I am just attending a workshop organized by Wikimedia
Autria, where somone teaches others how to install it. With Cargo and SMW it is
just a regular extension installation.

> * Do you plan to regularly update all those numbers and maintain that
>   wiki page for years to come...?

Well as mediawiki.org is a wiki, everybody is invited to joing in in updating
and extending the page.

I am planning to use the page and update it, but of course I cannot make any
promiese.

cheers,
Bernhard