On Monday 24 May 2010 10:31:32 Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> just to clarify; "GNOME Mobile" is not part of MeeGo really (although on
> the netbook, we've borrowed some components for the UI implementation), and
> nobody should depend on this being there for app development for MeeGo. Use
> Qt for that.

Of course, new apps should be built using Qt.

I am fine with GTK+ not being part of the MeeGo platform but I think it
unlikely it will not be available for apps which want it (ported by the
community).  Personally, I plan to make the GPE apps available in case anyone
wants them and will build GTK (and other libraries, although not necessarily
Hildon) myself if necessary.  In fact, my interest tends to be mainly in
porting existing apps (and libs) rather than development of new ones.

What I will be really interested to find out is how usable a GTK app is with
the handheld UX (without Hildon).

Graham