> On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 8:11 AM, Robison, Clayne B <
> clayne.b.robi...@intel.com> wrote:
>
>> I've got an HP 5102 that originally came with Win7 installed. I resized
>> the Windows partition to make room for Meego on the hard drive, and
>> installed Meego side-by-side. The installer recognized the windows OS
>> installed on /dev/sda1. I can now boot to Meego, but the bootloader isn't
>> giving me the option to boot into windows (yes, I have valid reasons to boot
>> into windows....)
>>
>> How do I modify the boot loader to show me the prompt at boot time?
>>
>> Thanks.

drop into command line on MeeGo and run fdisk -l (as root) to see what
partitions are there. You are looking for a partition with type NTFS
there may be multiple partitions as there may be a rescue partition too
Note the NTFS partitions and then edit /boot/extlinux/extlinux/conf

Add a new stanza like
label Windows 7
     menu label Windows 7
     kernel menu.c32
     append boot 1

Change the last line according to what you find in the fdisk -l listing. For
example, if your Windows partition is /dev/sda1 then it'll be 'append boot
0' if it is /dev/sda2 it'll be 'append boot 1' and so on.

--
Amit Bapat
Open Source Technology Center