On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Warren Baird
<wjba...@alumni.uwaterloo.ca>wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Ryan Ware <ryan.r.w...@intel.com> wrote:
> >

> > There are a number of bugs in the MeeGo Bugzilla that are restricted
> > specifically to the security group.
>
> I suspect everyone understands the need to limit access to security
> bugs - I certainly do.   However, the OP and the immediate follow up
> made no mention of security issues...
>
> If the only issues with restricted access are security issues, that's
> great - but Eric's follow seems to imply that there are non-security
> bugs that will be restricted, and that we can expect more until some
> non-described problem is sorted out...
>
> If some bugs are being restricted without a good reason - I'd agree
> with Bradley that it's a pretty serious issue.

Thanks for the understanding on security issues.  I know that this
discussion wasn't really kicked off because of a bug with security concerns,
but I wanted to put my position on that out to the community because it was
subsequently brought up.  I also agree that if there is not a good reason
that is broadly accepted by the community as to why a bug or class of bugs
is closed to the community, there is a significant issue that needs to be
addressed.

Ryan