There's a section of the document that talks about forward compatibility. In
theory, developing your app on MeeGo 1.1 would allow it to work on 1.1 and on
for the whole life of 1.x, to my understanding at least. If you target 1.2,
from 1.2 and onwards. Should rpm be relied on fully to capture the symbols or
would it be ok to forcefully/explicitly 'Require' a meego-release >=
desired_version.

meego-release is not in the appendix, that's why I'm asking. If I've missed
another way to accomplish this I'd really like to know.

yeah, it's a good question, one I've chatted with a few people about. depending
on meego-release of particular versions is the only way right now, but it seems
there was some reluctance to formally require that apps do so - leaving it
optional, I guess.  I hadn't noticed it wasn't in the package list, that seems
a problem.

 what do other people think we should do here?