On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 09:22:37 -0700
"Hofemeier, Ulf" <ulf.hofeme...@intel.com> wrote:

> Adding Gavin on CC as well. I guess we figured out what the
> policy-settings-basic-mfld package (formerly
> policy-settings-basic-ncdk) was used for.

I'm sorry I missed this, as I'm usually on top of things like this, but
I was in class last week when this original message was sent.

To be clear... *EVERY* platform will require it's own policy-settings-*
package, as every platform has different devices and use-cases.  It
should never have been assumed it was un-needed, especially by those
familiar with ohm, libresource and policy enforcement.

Some clues would be:
1) It has a platform specific suffix, -mfld
2) All the policy-settings-* packages have a "Provides:
policy-settings" clause

The combination of the above should be a hint that at least one of
these it needed in any image *AND* they are device/platform specific.

So... Who owns fixing it for PulseAudio 0.9.22? ( I was /told/ all
these issues had been fixed prior to the migration to PA 0.9.22... I
guess not)

Shane...