Just wanted to add one more thing, as I actually was incorrect about the -o
behavior. When I include the -o flag in the h5topng string, this is
suppressed by MEEP. Presumably, under the hood, MEEP is already using the
-o flag and that is appended rather than prepended to my option flags.
Thus, it doesn't even seem possible to create a hack around this problem,
so hopefully there's a solution already!

Thanks
Charlie