Hi,
I am running a 3D simulation and I use an anisotropic material whose epsilon is
(10 0.1 0.1) in x, y, z axis.
when I output the epsilon at beginning, I plot the structure with matlab, I saw
the epsilon is only with one value(0.1493).

So, how does meep calculate this value?

The second question is
I put two material in my simulation in 3D
The epsilon of first material is 1, the second is 2.
I put the first one on the second one.

Output-epsilon is like that (epsilon)
        2               2               2               2       ...
        2               1.8462  1.5             1.5
        2               1.5             1               1
        2               1.5             1               1
        .
        .
        .

like that.