Hello,

I'm struggling with the problem of being able to control the resolution in the different spatial dimensions. I found some threads that suggest this can be done by a coordinate transform:

http://www.mail-archive.com/meep-discuss@ab-initio.mit.edu/msg04011.html

http://www.mail-archive.com/meep-discuss@ab-initio.mit.edu/msg03849.html

http://www.mail-archive.com/meep-discuss@ab-initio.mit.edu/msg03036.html

The usual reference to the mathematical background of the method is this:

http://math.mit.edu/~stevenj/18.369/coordinate-transform.pdf

I'm simulating an L3 photonic crystal cavity. When I try to rescale the z-direction, I either get nonsensical modes (compared to a normal computation), or the field diverges completely (I get infinite mode volume and then harminv gets stuck).

From the threads, I get the feeling that this method didn't work for anybody. Is there anyone who actually managed to use it? I'm just wondering whether to give up or to look for mistakes.

Best,
Momchil.