Hi,
i hope this gets in the right place (did not get a copy from my original
mail which i could use to ensure threading).
After a talk with a colleague and some more calculations, i do now know
that my assumptions were wrong, since they violate the continuity
equation. Even in the case of a point current source, charge density
does not vanish and thus "spoils" polarization to make the waves look
like that of a Hertz-dipole - which is what the ctl has calculated,
matches perfectly. Simulation of compact polarized light sources would
be easier if this were not the case, but it is inevitable (though
Maxwell forces charge density induced by continuity and divergence of
electric flux density to match in second time derivative only). I will
now go the approximative route.
So sorry for any confusion that i may have caused. Keep it up!
Regards
Roger John