Ah sorry, I thought it was MPB, not MEEP.

Well based on the wiki, I would guess setting "eps-averaging?" to
false is  is the equivalent for MEEP:

"eps-averaging? [boolean] If true (the default), then subpixel
averaging is used when initializing the dielectric function (see the
Farjadpour et al. reference in Citing Meep). The input variables
subpixel-maxeval (default 100000) and subpixel-tol (default 1.0e-4)
specify the maximum number of function evaluations and the integration
tolerance for subpixel averaging. Increasing/decreasing these,
respectively, will cause a more accurate (but slower) computation of
the average ε (with diminishing returns for the actual FDTD error)."