Hi All,

I am trying to compute the effective mode volume of a photonic crystal
cavity using the Quasinormal Mode analysis (see for reference:
"Completeness and orthogonality of quasinormal modes in leaky optical
cavities", P. T. Leung, S. Y. Liu, and K. Young,Phys. Rev. A 49, 3057-3067
(1994)).
Quasinormal modes have complex eigenfrequencies and am confused about
computing complex frequencies using harminv. When I feed a timeseries of
electric field at a given spatial point within the cavity to harminv, it
always gives me real resonances. Is there a way to compute the imaginary
part of the resonance somehow?

Looking forward to some input from the community,
Thanks!
-Tanya