Dear MEEP Users,
I have a very plain doubt about collecting flux in MEEP . Sorry, if I am
missing very basic theory for this. For same type of structures and same
collection point , incident and transmission flux is different. To
elaborate my doubt, I am considering an example.  I am trying to get
normalized transmission across two coupled waveguide for 1550 nm . Design
is appended below:
[image: Inline image 2]

The fixed Si waveguide (both end) is of 10 um and suspended Si waveguide is
of 50 um. The device thickness is  of .26 um and substrate thickness is 2
um. I did 2D MEEP modeling.
For transmission flux, I took above structure and then collected flux at
the *end of suspended waveguide*(before gap).
For incident flux, I took a continuous waveguide instead of gap. Then
collected incident flux at the same point as transmission flux.
For both flux, Structure (till collection point) and collection point is
same , structure is same. But both flux spectrum is different.
I did this exercise for others designs also.
My understanding was that flux spectrum will depend on collection point and
structure (till collection point). But this understanding went wrong with
above exercise.
Could any one please clear this doubt?

Regards
Prem Prakash Singh