I have installed 1.4.13 version in ubuntu12 server and 1.4.14 in ubuntu14
server, now i need it to update to the latest version,

I have uninstalled using the below command

sudo apt-get remove memcached
sudo apt-get remove --auto-remove memcached
sudo apt-get purge memcached
sudo apt-get purge --auto-remove memcached

and reinstalled using the below command.

wget https://memcached.org/files/memcached-1.4.31.tar.gz
tar -zxvf memcached-1.4.31.tar.gz
cd memcached-1.4.31
./configure && make && make test && sudo make install

after installing the latest version i use to see only the old version is
installed

Could any one help me how to update to the latest version.

Thanks,
Arunkumar