On 12 December 2012 11:51, Sivan Greenberg <si...@omniqueue.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 1:45 PM, Simonas Leleiva <
> simonas.lele...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> We are trying to stay humorous, not monstrous. But as we see, this can
>>> be misunderstood at times :)

>>> Ta!
>>>
>>> I'm struggling with this:
>>>
>>> ... from *mobile phones* to in-car systems and smart TVs.
>>>
>>>  Become a user and enjoy. Try it on your *mobile phone*, tablet,
>>>
>>> ^
>>> mobile phones repeated two times in close distance.
>>>
>>> I am looking for replacement for the first one.
>>> The original idea was "fuel drilling machines"
>>>
>>> I'm just looking for something more realistic (e.g. having at least an
>>> LCD), yet funny (humorous) at the same time.
>>>
>>> But ran out of ideas. Remember Stskeeps or lbt were writing an
>>> explanatory email about what Mer is. And there they used huge amount of
>>> products of their imagination.
>>> I can vaguely remember: ..a hacker in the cellar coding his interactive
>>> coffee cup holder, or a vendor producing car parking machine.
>>> ^ but there were some funny ones too.
>>>

>> What I was referring:
>> http://lists.meego.com/pipermail/meego-dev/2011-October/484281.html
>> "It could be a small business that makes bus displays. It could be a
>> hobbyist at home who doesn't want to bother making his own distribution and
>> just want to show a clock on his LCD."
>>
>> I GOT A GREAT IDEA: we should place some -useful- project ideas already
>> in introduction text ! So we attract more interest (as normally they say:
>> "ah, but I have no idea where to put Nemo on"
>>
>> So, let's say:
>>
>> NemoMobile is based on the lightweight Mer Linux core which enables a
>> vast range of devices: from alarm clocks to in-car systems and smart TVs.
>>

> let's use 'car entertainment systems'. It'd be best understood by the
> non-geek.

Your's quite lengthy, but IVI is too technical and that makes too many
acronyms.
+0.5 for 'car entertainment systems' :)

>> Become a user and enjoy. Try it on a mobile phone, tablet, your custom
>> home automation system, ..., and tell us how it went!
>>

> -1, users can't be bothered with 'home automation systems'.

Quite right, many of my geek-friends can be bothered, but not the
non-geeks.

> Maybe just drop it, and leave the 'it made tea?! tell us how' or so..

The 'tea' bit is still there http://openetherpad.org/urfxx467L6 , I just
didn't paste it in here.

>> Since we all are community, share your ideas! Don't be competitive, when
>> in the end you'll know you'll never have time to manufacture it. But
>> someone else might pick it and actually make it!
>>

>> Any better cunning ideas for a Nemo-driven home project?
>>

> media player,

If you want home entertainment system ( ;) ), then you'd go for MythTV & Co.

> or streaming server, yes :)

Nemo has UI, so not really suitable as a server role.

We need some attractive candidates to replace "home automation system"
above.

One idea: NFC tags: you come back home, place your NFC-capable (N9 ;)) with
Nemo on your desk near NFC tag, and your lights switch on, HiFi audio
starts playing a song or TV switches on. - that's still partially is a
sort-of home automation system, attractive to non-geeks?

Cheers,
Simonas