Listers,

I'm planning soon to R&R the intake manifold on my '87 300D to replace the glow plugs and also do all the standard wear items that become easily accessible when one has the intake off an OM603.

I notice that I have two minor oil leaks down the side of the IP, one of which seems to be coming from the vicinity of the large (17mm or so) nut where the STOP lever attaches to the IP. The other leak is from the threads of a cylindrical doohickey screwed into the top of the IP, just inboard of the vacuum shutoff unit and in front of the ALDA, with a large black electrical connector on top.

Do these sound like common oil leakage points, or should I look harder for leaks somewhere else?

If the leaks are where they think they are, how do I stop them (while I have the intake off making access easy)? I don't see any kind of gasket, o-ring, or seal that could be worn and need replacement where either assembly attaches to the IP.

Or do I just live with them and count myself lucky that the engine doesn't leak anywhere else? ;)

Thanks,

Alex Chamberlain
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
'87 300D Turbo