Hello all,

I have a question about the lists information organization. This is an
extremely valuable resource and I am grateful to have found it. Many people
have spent a lot of time contributing etc.  However, it is not easy to query
the list for past threads etc. (I am aware of the current search) As a
result a lot of repeat questions are always asked and answered, space is
wasted, not to mention it would be nice to be able to query with years of
old data of the system is too large of a task but maybe introducing a new
system for submission of questions would be good. For example when a user
submits a new question we use a set of tags to categorize it and these tags
will carry along with the thread as users reply etc.  Then we can
periodically pump the information into a relational database and be able to
query it efficiently. Not to mention backing up, optimization, etc and other
administration tasks could be improved. I would be game for helping devise
such a system with the help of SMEs to determine criteria for categories
etc.  I hate to see all of this knowledge contributed by Marshall, Kaleb,
and etc go to the waste side by not being searchable. Enforcing the rules
for submission would be a breeze, no tags= no submission. Bad idea? Good
idea? Better ideas?

Nick
82 300 SD