Im sure they have been proven to increase horsepower no a cheap ricburner type gas car, but not on a diesel.

Harry  M. wrote:

Those setups are called cold air intakes, they increase the airflow to the
engine and believe it or not have been proven to increase power. I found a
setup for my Miata and with a nice exhaust it added a extra 20hp at the rear
wheels. I guess a lot of kids out there with little money to spend have the
home made setups that look like a plumbing nightmare, but they work

Loren Faeth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

This is standard issue for the kids with their rice burner Hondogs. They take sewer pipe to build a tube from where they can fit the little filter to the intake. The total filtration area is WAY less than the OE. It might be ok for a 4 banger, but not a 6 or 8 cyl.

The K&N is good on a /5 BMW, where the total filtration area is the same. I would not put this on my MB.

The filter mounts on my 126 never bother. What's up with yours? I had to weld the mount on a 85 123 300TD, but the 126 is solid. I get over 100K on a 126 filter.