Well, perhaps you'd like to come clean the gallon plus
of B50 off the floor of my carport.  All I know is
that after only 33K miles this happened to our TDI
about 6 weeks or so ago and at that time we were
advised to replace the hoses, the failed and not
failed, w/ Viton or silicone-based.  We let our
mechanic have his way with our car, but I now know he
didn't use Viton, and given that the hoses he did
install on my 240D soon after I bought it this past
Oct. have failed after only 11,000 miles (he says
today he warrants them for only 6 mo. or 6000 miles)
I'm quite concerned for the TDI as well.  I'll go with
the Viton and if they don't fail within the year, I'll
invite you again to come look at the stains on my
carport floor.

DG

DG