On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 03:56:27PM -0400, Peter Arnold wrote:
> SHMBO will not be pleased!
>
> What does one do when confronted with an injection pump, which has
> been deemed "BROKEN" by a rather impeccable source?

Injector pumps don't usually just break. What's broken about it?

> Do you buy them rebuilt?  Where? {Hello Rusty?}

You can buy rebuilt units, or you can buy a used one and take your
chances. Since it's probably for your SDL, odds are good of you finding
a good used one from a car that cracked its head and wasn't worth repairing.
If there's a Bosch shop and yours isn't completely broken (say, by setting
the timing with the lock thing and breaking the piece inside the IP), the
Bosch shop might be able to repair yours. Or, you can get one shipped in
from Finland, and while you're waiting for it, bolt an intercooler on, and
some gauges...

> Rebuilt carburetor for my '46 Ford was $7, this will be more?  How
> much?

Start adding zeros, unless you score a deal on a used one (which will likely
require adding a bunch as well)

> How many hours will I be paying to R&R this thing?  I think it is
> beyond me; I hate working on this car with POS manual on CD.

>From having a 603's head off, it doesn't look too bad to get the IP out.
Casey should be able to give an idea, he had to yank the IP on his 300TD.