240D's in traffic are a bit of challenge-but you learn how to drive differently-remember such rules as:
* gravity is your friend
*Life is too short to go fast
*Look and think ahead
*Use your turn signal and don 't look back when you change lanes

I drive mine in Boston and Providence and have figured out a pretty good routine to get through. I call my automatic 240D a good middle lane car on urban freeways. Keep it wound and stay in the middle.

All in all it reminds me of my 1950 Dodge pick up with flat head six and fluid drive-good training for a 240D.
FWIW

Dwight Giles
1979 240D auto 244k + miles
Wickford, RI
Bissell Cove Quahog & Auto Salvage Co.

?

I have heard that automatic 240Ds are murder in traffic.

Issit true?

Mac

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

The sort of personality that likes the 240D (such as mine) prefers to
have as little power equipment as possible, since that is only one
more item to break and need replacement. Or at least that is how I
feel.