On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 10:20:00PM -0600, Dave M. wrote:
> Like me, they prefer diesels... also they live in PRK, and diesels are
> still smog exempt there which is a big plus.

It is starting to get to the point where the smog exemption isn't enough
to make one select a diesel over a gasser. It is not difficult to get a
car to pass smog if it runs well, and if it doesn't run well, you should
fix it, apart from the smog test.

With the price difference between diesel fuel and premium growing almost
daily here, it will take a LOT of miles per year to make up for the cost
savings in an engine with longer maintenance intervals. Or, you have to be
someone interested in alternative fuels, or someone who hates the idea of
life with spark plugs.