I just poured a cup of hot water over the area (now the pool is really
deep but at least it is mostly water, as the oil floated to the
surface). We shall see if it boils off when the engine gets up to
temps. If not I will do a thorough wipe down when I get home from work
and see if whatever bolt it is might be loose.