R A Bennell wrote:

> A tach would be nice. Where would I find such an animal?

http://www.tinytach.com/tinytach/index.php

Warning:
I have a Ferret timing light adapter which uses DTI's transducers,
and I have never been able to get it to work on my 1979 300SD, which
likely has worn original injectors. I intended to shim them up to
150 or 160 bar and/or install new nozzles, but never got around to it.
Ferret even sent me a prototype amp which was supposed to be more
sensitive, but it still could not pick up the injection pulse. I think
the MBz lines may be too thick for piezo tach sensors to pick up the
expansion of the line under pressure. You might call DTI and ask them
if the tachs work with MBz. The guy I talked to there (3 years ago)
was friendly and knowledgeable.