I'd feel like I had stepped into the Twilite Zone regarding cars that ran on peanut oil, Vegetable oil, McD's waste etc. If an older fella hadn't stopped by my house last week driving the same brown 240D that was sitting in my yard. He told me he had 330,000 miles on it. I think it was early "80's? He said he owned a construction company and they used the car for a parts runner. Anytime they changed the oil in anything from a bulldozer to a lawn mower they poured the oil in the tank of his MB. Said he gets 41 MPG with his manual and just changes the filters a lot, hasn't had any mechanical problems to speak of, but the Michigan Rust Monster is eating the car away from the outside in.

Speaking of 240D's...(Nice Segue,eh?) Mine has the key actually stuck in the ignition, won't turn, won't come out. HELP?

FRED DE VRIES